Open position - Bocal Internship
Hive Helsinki’s Bocal team runs and develops the school’s pedagogy and technology as well as the tools supporting them. The Bocal team is looking for an ambitious and creative intern who will be responsible for developing new solutions and maintaining existing tools to support the everyday studies of Hivers and applicants participating in the Selection Piscine.
Hive Helsinki’s goal is to deliver a scalable and efficient form of education, which enables talented people from all walks of life to learn future-proof skills and work together to build the products and services required by our rapidly changing world.
To support this mission, we are looking for an autonomous developer intern who is truly interested in Hive Helsinki’s educational model and eager to learn. In this role, the intern will be responsible for supporting the Bocal team in day-to-day operations. This includes admission process related tasks, development of new pedagogical tools and student support. The position will also provide a unique point of view to an entirely new education model in Finland. It’s a position for an independent and creative individual, who has a hands-on mentality and cares deeply about learning and pedagogy.
Bocal Internship tasks:
- Build and improve pedagogical tools to manage and track student progress data
- Work effectively and collaboratively on Pedagogical & Selection Piscines
- Stay on top of pedagogical tasks such as creating and managing exams
- Update or add applications on MSC, fix bugs and handle ISCSI issues
- Support Hive Helsinki’s Bocal Team in all daily operations
Job Skills & Qualifications required:
- 42 Inner Circle studies completed or relevant knowledge in Computer Science
- Analytical mind and a proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Passion for Hive Helsinki’s mission, continuous learning, and new models of education
- Technical knowledge to be able to work on existing, and develop new tools [Python/ Ruby (RoR)/ PostgreSQL/ 42 API]
- Knowledge in Web UI and UX design considered a significant plus
- Knowledge in full-stack web development considered a significant plus
- Ability to critically analyze pedagogical concepts and actions
- Experience with APIs, System Administration or Automation
We hope you join us! This role will give you the unique opportunity to be a part of building a completely different kind of school in Finland, with the potential to make a huge impact on our community and students’ lives. You get to embrace plenty of independence and responsibility during this 6-month long internship. The work will begin in June 2021.
Please apply by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18.4.2021