Hive Helsinki is a new kind of higher-education level coding school that preps students to launch their future-proof career through collaborative, project-based learning.
As a non-profit foundation, Hive’s goal is to deliver a scalable and efficient form of education, which enables talented people from all walks of life to learn future-proof skills and work together to build the products and services required by our rapidly changing world.
We are looking for someone to be in charge of Hive’s operations and working environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for a big range of areas, such as office management, basic finance, HR, team assistance, facility, real estate and regulations compliance. Ultimately, you’ll ensure that operations run smoothly and that staff and students can be productive.
This is a position for a jack of all trades who has the innate and awe-inspiring ability to learn fast, multi-task and get things done.
• General tasks related to the office and facility, such as office supplies, paperwork, mail, travel arrangements, orders, key fobs, etc
• Interfacing with accounting agency and reviewing incoming bills
• Following school’s spending and budget
• Employee benefits and team assistance
• Contact point to service providers and building maintenance
• Regulations compliance (no legal background required)
We are looking for someone with the following (if you have most but not all of these, we still encourage you to apply):
• 3+ years of experience working in tech, finance or business
• Proactive self-starter who loves getting things done
• Analytical mind and problem-solving attitude
• Experience with budgeting not required but considered a plus
• Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills in both Finnish and English
• Experience working in an international environment
• You have an open mind and hunger for learning
• Passion for education and Hive’s mission
We hope you join us!
This role will give you the unique opportunity and invaluable experience of building a completely different kind of school in Finland, with potential to make a huge impact on our community and students’ lives.
You’ll enjoy a great deal of independence and responsibility in establishing Hive's operational practices and doing what you think is best for our people.
Our small team is made of hands-on and proactive problem-solvers with a startup mindset, passion for education and inclusion.
You’ll work on our campus located in the heart of Kallio and enjoy a newly renovated facility designed for co-working as well as to promote creativity and well-being for our people.
Submit your CV and application to email@example.com We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and latest by 1st week of July.