- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so.
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
The data we collect
Data you provide us:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, postal address, cellphone number).
- Profile information (such as gender, date of birth, language, time zone).
- Identity documentation.
- Your messages to the Service (such as support requests).
- Registration data for the in-person (check-in) meeting.
- Sign-up data for the training and any other data you choose to give us during the session.
- Data related to your school activities.
- Other data you choose to give us.
Data we collect automatically:
- Data about your account and progress in the admissions process.
- Data about your use of the Service.
- Data about your device, such as IP address; device name and ID; operating system, browser type and language.
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below).
- General location data based on your IP address.
- Skills test data i.e. data about your performance in the evaluation and results of the tests.
- Data about your performance in training.
Why we collect and process your data
We collect and process your data to:
- create accounts and allow you to run the skills tests and use our Service.
- administrate the tests (i.e. to verify candidate details and to be able to communicate the results and send you other Service-related communications.
- evaluate your performance (automatically or manually) in skill tests and decide your eligibility to continue further.
- verify the internal reliability of tests (i.e. is it a fair test or does it favour particular demographics of candidates) through research and analysis based on profile data and to develop and improve the Service.
- operate the Service.
- carry out training.
- perform marketing.
- evaluate your performance and to decide about your acceptance into the program.
- keep the Service safe and fair and to fight fraud by analyzing and monitoring the use of the Service and taking action against non-wanted activity.
- Parts of the evaluation will be carried out automatically without human involvement. The test data and the results will be used to decide your eligibility to continue in the admissions process. Automatic skills tests and evaluation are necessary to ensure a fair, equal, correct and effective admissions process and to avoid human errors and biases and to effectively facilitate applications from different geographic locations.
Who can see your data
We may disclose your data to the school concept owner 42 in connection with providing the Service. Otherwise, only those working for the Service have access to your personal data on a need-to-know basis.
International data transfers
Hive Helsinki has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data according to Hive Helsinki´s instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, technical support, analytics and fraud prevention. These partners may be located outside EU and EEA. Your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy. Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
Your rights and options
Access the personal data we hold about you: If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Request review of the automatic skills test and evaluation results: If you feel that the automatic tests and evaluations were not correct, please contact us. We will review your concerns and respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Your other rights: You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object or restrict how we use your data, or withdraw any consent you have given. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
Cookies and similar technologies
How do we protect your data
Security Safeguards: In order to help ensure a secure and safe Service, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
- Name of the controller: Hive Helsinki Foundation sr
- Address: Haapaniemenkatu 5, 00530 Helsinki - Finland
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org